Sunday, November 4, 2007

I feel led today to divert from the normal postings, and share my immediate thoughts, rather than writing them down and posting them later.
God has just blessed me beyond explanation and I'm finding it hard to come up with the right words to let you know, that you too, can experience his amazing blessings.
First let me say, that I am nobody. There is nothing special about me. I have no "special" talents. I do however, have the ability to make choices. We are not robots. You and I have choices to make everyday. The reason I am being overwhelmed by God's blessings is I choose to ask for them! Yes, it's that easy.
Some of you know, most probably don't, but I have for the past several weeks been praying the prayer of Jabez. Simple prayer, but powerful. That is what I meant above when I said I asked for God's blessings. Is asking enough? I don't think so. I believe the key, the secret, is believing! If we just merely say the words, will God think we are serious?
The first part of my prayer, of course is for God to bless me. The next is for God to enlarge my territory, which means to me, give me more to do.
My day began with my entire family in church,(can't remember the last time that happened). Then I taught Sunday school class, and then was asked to lead the congregational singing. Neither of these I do!
Ask and ye shall receive! It's that simple. If you ask for it, and BELIEVE you will get it, you will end up like me, completely amazed at what God can do.

"Oh, that you would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that your hand would be with me,
and that you would keep me from evil".

No comments: