Tuesday, December 18, 2007

JUST SING

If you remember, about a month ago I told you that sometimes I have "crazy thoughts". Well, here is another.
The church I attend will be having their Christmas play this Sunday, and my wife is one of many carolers. After practice last night she told me about a young lady who is worried about singing because she doesn't think she can. (by the way, my wife says she can) Anyway, I thought of my own experiences when asked to sing. "It wont sound right", or "its too low", or "its too high for me, etc... I'm sure there are many people who feel the same way. But here's my thought.


Have you ever heard a professional singer on live T.V., and the song they are singing is one you have heard many times before on the radio, and something just don't sound right? You may have wondered "What key is that"! That's because some of those so called "pros" aren't quite as good as they sound. Its all done in the studio. Now I'm no expert, but I know that there is some dubbing and re-mixing and other things that go on that could even make Barney Fife sound like Gomer Pyle!


I see it the same way with our voices. They pass through the sanctuary ceiling, and there's a little filtering. On up through the atmosphere, and there's a little editing. Right up to heaven where there is a host of angels at a mixing board, blending millions of voices together. And when they reach the throne of God, what a sound!


So even if you think you cant sing, or you think your voice is nothing more than noise, go on and do what the psalmist said,

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

No comments: